If you lose power to your home you will want to have this information accessible to help you silence the alarm system during the outage and also reset your system once power has returned to your home. Your system does have a backup battery which will allow your system to continue to operate during a power outage. The battery life is based on the standby charge of the battery as well as your systems equipment load. The battery in most cases will last 4-8 hours.Once power is restored to your home the battery will trickle charge until it reaches its recommended capacity. This may take 24-48 hours depending on equipment load on the system. If the battery does not restore in that timeframe your battery may need to be replaced.
During a power outage your system will beep 5 times in a row. The screen will say AC (alternating current) trouble. To silence the trouble beeps follow the procedures below. Once power is restored you will need to follow the same procedure that you used to silence the trouble. The system will sometimes request you to program time/date if the power outage time was significant. The procedure to reset the time/date is also listed below.
2. 1 + User Code
3. Press *
4. 1 + User Code
Note: Beeping will start again either 4 or 10 hours later
1. Enter the programming menus by pressing 9 + System or Partition master code
2. Press 020.
3. Enter the correct time in 24-hour format then press #
(For example, if the current time is 7:23 a.m., press 0723 + #)
4. Press * + 00 + # to exit the programming Menus
1. Enter the programming menus by pressing 9 + System or Partition master code.
2. Press 021.
3. Enter the current date as 6 digits (mm/dd/yy) then press #.
(For example, if the current date is January 15, 2000, press 011500 + #)
4. Press * + 00 + # to exit the programming menus